They are nutritious, free of toxic components, protein, and rich in fiber and essential minerals. We’re talking about hemp seeds, of course. They provide a wide variety of dietary benefits, key to weight loss.
Although hemp seeds come from the Cannabis sativa plant, they do not produce psychoactive effects of any kind. Their function at the protein level is simply based on producing antioxidants to reduce discomfort and lose weight healthily.
They are not an immediate magic formula. But, they do make a difference in your diet. So, today we will talk about how to eat hemp seeds for weight loss.
How to add hemp seeds to the diet?
Before we begin, it is important to clarify that it is not necessary to consume whole hemp seeds. In fact, it is recommended to buy shelled seeds, ground or in pieces to optimize consumption.
If we acquire whole seeds, we can process them with an electric grinder or traditional mortar and pestle. However, it is also important to add that whole seeds act as a bulking agent and add fiber to the diet. This is a benefit for digestion.
But how do you incorporate hemp seeds into your meals? It’s simple:
- Sprinkle whole or ground seeds on your cereal or yogurt.
- Add the seeds to your smoothies or ice cream.
- Bake with hemp seeds.
- Use the whole seeds to make hemp milk.
- Sprinkle the seeds in salads.
Where to find hemp seeds? In supermarkets, health food stores or online stores. Today, the best option for buying hemp seeds and CBD products is through exclusive online stores in the sector. They can find products fortified with additional nutrients and proteins.
Hemp seeds for weight loss
According to the United States Department of Agriculture Database, hemp seeds have a high protein content. Since they provide 32.26 grams per 100 grams of products, in other words, 23% of its composition compared to other nutritional seeds.
Another point in favor is the large amount of essential amino acids they contain. This characteristic allows them to cover several needs. Among them a favorable digestion and adequate weight loss.
But why do these seeds promote weight loss? Here are some reasons:
- Rich in protein: Helps with weight loss because they can keep the sugar level under control and provide the necessary amount of energy. 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds provide about 10 grams of protein, plus a certain amount of magnesium, iron and zinc.
- Source of fiber: They contain a large amount of soluble and insoluble fiber. This eliminates toxins, cleanses color and optimizes intestinal health in favor of weight loss or body stability.
- Amino acids: Their levels of GLA (gamma – linoleic acid) help with weight reduction and prevent the famous rebound effect. This in turn means that they collaborate with the metabolic action of the organism.
It should also be noted that it is important to discuss dietary portions with a health professional. From there it is possible to follow a dietary plan adapted to your needs and health conditions.